Spinach dips have always been one of my favorite snacks. These easy dips are fairly healthy (if used with the right ingredients) and provide a cheap party solution if you’re having friends over.
Every monday my flat mates and I host a painfully awkward Made in Chelsea Party where we provide some beautiful snacks, drinks, and over all (cheap) fun. #studentlife
Here is my take on a spinach dip (ultimately, it’s like a normal dip minus the water chestnuts… because fishing villages don’t sell those!)
20 ounces of spinach (defrosted and drained) (600 g)
1 cup of cottage cheese (light) (300 g)
1 cup of Mayo (light) (300 g)
2 cups of 0% Greek Yoghurt (600 g)
3 Gloves garlic
1 can of water chest nuts (optional)
1. Fry up onions until lightly golden brown. Add garlic when onions are done.
2. Meanwhile, mix together yoghurt, cottage cheese, and mayo. Add in onion and garlic mixture once cooled.
3. In food processor, add spinach, yoghurt, cottage cheese, mayo, onion and garlic mixture. Process for about 15-20 seconds, unti smooth (or until desired texture).
4. In bowl, add in water chestnuts if dedired.
5. Cut off top of bread and take out inside of bread bowl.
6. OPTIONAL: Warm up spinach dip.
6. Poor mixture into bread bowl.
7. Serve hot or cold.
I served with some crisps and toasted bread from the inside of the bead bowls!